Wednesday 17 April 2013

CHRIS MAKING MUSIC FOR KITTY

I was there for moral support. In the swanky Newcastle university music studios. Chris sorting out the recording programme and me taking photos for this blog. 
Chris playing his piece. He must of done it at least 7 times.
Watching the music with my animation to check it 'works'
Chris' work!
His composition 
His composition synced with my animation. 

Ahhh so 'we' did it! Chris Bygrave managed to work out how to record the sound yesterday and we spent roughly an hour? in the recording studio. Chris composed this piece especially for my animation and I'm so happy. It flows with my narrative really well and I feel it is a lot more personal having someone specifically on board with your project. I can't thank him enough for taking his time out to compose and record this for me, as he's got his hands full anyway with nearly finishing third year. THANK-YOU Chris. Again. I still owe you a copy of my comic and coffee sometime.
I'm going ask some peers for their opinion with this soundtrack and my other alternative which I decided on just because it's way too risky to just rely on someone to help 'finish' your piece.
I think both have different qualities but I feel so 'attached' to my project I think my judgement might be clouded and I need some pure unbiased opinions. It is up to me but sometimes it's about the audiences feelings too since they will be the ones deciphering it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment