Sunday 21 April 2013

COMPARE THE TWO

Original test animatic
Final animatic
DIFFERENCES:
  • CUT OUT OPENING CHANGING HEARTS SEQUENCE
  • ZOOM IN OF KITTY SEQUENCE
  • KITTY DOESN'T SPELL OUT LOVE
  • G.F'S HEAD COMING UP IS REPLACED BY HAND
  • KITTY ISN''T SHOWN IN THE BACKGROUND INSTEAD THERE'S A SCENE WHERE SHE HAS BINOCULARS
  • CHANGE OF KITTY AND BOOBS DILEMMA SEQUENCE
  • ALTERNATE VERSION OF KNIFE SEQUENCE
  • KITTY ISN'T SHOWN WAITING FOR OWNER AT THE END
  • OWNERS JUMPS AND FALLS AT THE END
  • CUT OUT 'WTF' END AND IS REPLACED WITH END CREDITS
I briefly mentioned some changes I had to make on the spot when I was filming and the above is what got cut/changed.. just didn't make the final cut. I intended and had everything so that I followed my test animatic but I either was running out of time or I was having troubles with the camera focusing... mainly the latter. Simon helped me set it up so that it only focused at a specific height/'light spot'. So if I played around with certain camera shots (extreme zoom in or out) the camera just wouldn't focus. So I just had to roll with it and think on my feet. The narrative is exactly the same - just some changes in how it is conveyed. Somethings such as the binocular scene I did pre plan when I was collaging my pieces because I knew proportionality I couldn't fit everyone in. 
Hopefully the final animatic is better than the test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment