Monday 18 February 2013

KITTY WITH TITTY - COMIC (GIRLFRIEND) AND POSTER (OWNER)

 At this point I decide I want my narratives to be told through 3 different mediums and perspective. My chosen story (2) allows there it to be told in 3 different ways (Owner, Kitty and Girlfriend) effectively. Kitty view is told through animation, Girlfriend's is told through comic and Owners is told through poster which continues on from girlfriends perspective so that they all are in synergy with each other. I've done a rough draft on the Girlfriend's 'telling' of the story and the owners of a rough draft of his telling through the lost posters - and from some feedback I needed more humour by referencing 'tits' more. You can also see my sketches of characters for my comic when I start to think about how I want the 'style' to be.
I've been looking at my NoBrow 6 as a reference as they have a comic section in which the illustrators/artists have managed to broken their story down to a 2 page spread - condensing the story down - which is what I want- trying to convey my narrative as focused as I can.  I've doodled the possible layout of my comic too by drawing out grids I could use to format my comic. I don't plan for my comic to be really long. I was thinking just a small collectible perhaps in the style of Jack Teagle's comics - which is really simplified and uses just 2 colours to visualise his tellings. I also start to visualise the story about by drawing out the scenes. The Girlfriend's retelling is basically noticing Kitty being in love with her Owner. Whilst the Girlfriend and Owner are canoodling Kitty overhears his love for tits. She starts fantasizing about the idea of having them to win his heart. Girlfriend confides with Owner with Kitty's odd behavior  Owner shrugs it off claiming she's only a cat. We see a dark silhouette of kitty with a knife in her hand in  a pool of blood in the shape of a heart. She turns around to reveal she has tits. I've drawn out more scenes then my written retelling but I noticed when I told my story I didn't need all the scenes I drew out anyway. On the side pages I start visualising the owner too with some quick sketches in different styles. 
My 'final' story board for my comic. I've cut the story into 10 scenes - but these can obviously be expanded. The story is exactly the same but I've thought more about copy writing to anchor the images. From some initial feedback there's a bit of a sinister edge (especially the ending) so the text is very 'relaxed' - I didn't want to too 'formal' it's not a thriller/horror genre. My language is quite crude and I think this offsets the narrative well. 
I start thinking about my poster a bit more too. I've referenced to some 'authentic' lost posters and I want it to have the same vain - since she has gone missing. I didn't want to just do a random poster with it's story. So some of the features have to relate.
The current version of text for the missing poster is:
"HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CAT WITH TITS? THIS IS NOT FURRIES GONE WRONG. DON'T CALL RSPCA. KITTY GAVE HERSELF TITS SO I'D FALL IN LOVE WITH HER. TIT  IT DOESN'T MATTER TO ME. I JUST WANT HER BACK.

I think the text works? I've managed to say why she did it and what happened to her. I've added  bit of my humour by adding the furries part ('weird' phenomena of giving animals human features) and I played around with some word play with the mixing up of 'tit' and 'it'.
From my feedback session with Thomas he liked the idea of the 'lost' poster but mentioned it needed to stand out so it doesn't look 'secondary' and that it's apparent it's part of the retelling of the story. He mentioned maybe play around with the format so it balances the two - a design poster and  tells the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment