Saturday 2 February 2013

STORIES

 Using this scenario I had to come up with a narrative with my list below.
My list and story (the line dashes).

Second week! Morning session with Hugo we focused on narrative strategies -  focusing on Vladimir Propp's narrative concept (Media Studies A-level, you are handy). Though  it's a very 'structured' concept, it works incredibly well at creating a 'working' narrative. We basically broke down this system into three categories: actors (key role: anything you are engaged in emotionally), places and motivations. And with these columns if you interlinked any of these  - BAM, there's your story! We also talked about genre and domain which helps develop your story even further.
I might use this to come up with my own story instead of using an existing one - because that would be boring and unoriginal (no-body likes that).