Monday 18 February 2013

MY STOP MOTION TEST VIDEOS

Clapping (opening and closing repeat)
Creasing/folding/transforming
One of my longest tests.... and it's 11 seconds haha. Experiment with close up/zooming in shots, tears and having words come out of the mouth by creating a slit.
Animating the face.
I play a bit more with narrative here. Animating the facial features (happy to sad) and also manipulating the image by mark making (blacking out the eye in the end with pen).
Woman blowing a kiss. Very simple but playing around with adding/changing parts to build the narrative.
Break/divide into parts and falling away.
Swallowing sprout
Testing out movement. Attempting to be fluid. 
Another test where I play around with narrative. The line of sprouts (actor) morph into a heart shape, then into a smiley face eventually bundling together and turning into just one sprout and disappearing. Oscar worthy I know. 
Sprouts doing a Mexican wave. It's the only test I've added sound too. The techno/electro beat fits well with the movement.

So these are my initial stop motion animation tests after watching the previous tutorials. I didn't plan all these tests out but I did plan out some of the techniques I wanted to achieve just so I could have an understanding such as movement/moving parts/typography/animating expressions etc. I've also learnt how laborious it is just to shoot a couple of seconds. But I've been spurred to keep at it. I hope to expand on these techniques as long as they are appropriate. I have my story already but need to storyboard them out 'properly'. P.S the actors used or these animations are not related apart from maybe the people. I just wanted to bring random objects into life. I also need to think about sound properly - I don't really want any dialogue but I'll see how my storyboard progresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment