Monday 18 February 2013

STOP MOTION TUTORIALS

I found these videos whilst looking for some tutorials on how to make effective stop motion animations.   I've dabbled with it only twice, but I've always been part of a group, and it's never been near  as ambitious as I want it to look (Quentin Jones inspired). I should probably add why I want to tell my story this way..... because I think my narrative is so 'out there' I didn't want it to become too serious or horror/thriller-esque (genre). I guess my genre is very light-hearted and 'mad', surreal etc to anchor the story. I think her way reflects this bizarre world with things constantly evolving /moving/changing - nothing static. Maybe it's not realistic but I want to be experimental with my animation (I could make things easier for myself if I wanted to) and I hope it works out. Anyway back to to these tutorials... need to learn the basics. So these videos guides you from idea to the final outcome.
SUGGESTED CHECKLIST:
  1. KEEP IT SIMPLE
  2. EXPERIMENT/BE PLAYFUL WITH TELLING YOUR STORY
  3. MAKE A PLAN YOU'LL STICK TOO
  4. CREATE ANIMATIC
  5. TIME YOUR SCENES - TO WORK OUT HOW MANY IMAGES YOU NEED  TO CREATE YOUR ANIMATION
  6. ADD AUDIO TO FINALISE THE TIMING
  7. EVEN LIGHTING
  8. MATCH STORYBOARD
  9. SMOOTH MOVEMENT
  10. FINALISE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment