Monday 4 March 2013

COMIC - THE GIRLFRIENDS PERSPECTIVE

 My first initial rough of comic story board.
I start thinking about cover and layout of my comic and how to fit the scenes in.
More front cover ideas which I've yet to decide on.
'Final' version with crappy fold effect of page 1 and 1.5.
1)Intro page - title again and we are introduced to the Kitty character.
1.5) Heart broken and we see Kitty crying and having her paw against her heart.
'Final' version with crappy fold effect of page 2 and 3.
2) Owner and Girlfriend in love and disappointment face of Kitty.
3) Kitty sleeping and dreaming of Owners affection.
4) G.F about to 'fondle' with Owner, Kitty in the background alarmed. We see Owner groping Girlfriend and saying "God I fucking love tits" with Kitty in the background overhearing.
5) Close-up of Kitty prodding her own chest.
6) Start of Kitty fantasising about having breasts. She's under a lads mag and next scene she's in a bra shaking her things. Girlfriend walks in on her.
7 + 8) Girlfriend confides with Owner about Kitty's strange behaviour. Kitty runs and acts innocent whilst owner shrugs it off saying Kitty's only a cat and that she's jealous.
9) See the back of Kitty with a knife, blood dripping to the floor. Owner shouts he's home and sees a heavily in love possessed kitty. I might split this up onto another page?
10) The end! Kitty with tits in a heart shape pool of blood.

Just to clarify the larger rectangle frames are the 'finals' of my comic. The smaller images surrounding them are other ideas I thought of to express the scene. I tend to work in this 'scatty' way of just drawing/doodling away and finding sense out of the madness (which one most appropriate). 
My comic is quite short which I thought could be a problem but since I had to learn to storyboard for my animation I just got very critical of 'getting to the point' - I've refined the story to these key elements and I think it tells the Girlfriend's perspective of the story = job done. I guess my animation is where I get to be more experimental with my story telling... anyway I still need to work out the treatment of my comic. I've just initially gone with the basic black/white contrast look but I might play around with this - colour/different style.... not sure yet. I've currently just done a vector version of my finals. Mimicking the lines. I'm kind of into low-brow style of comics - there's something informal about them so I want that with my comic - nothing too 'polished' - a hand crafted element. A 'sketch' of a story. I might test out the different strokes though so it's not 'super-vector' - not that there's anything wrong with that... gah I think I've been looking at it too long. Maybe there's not an issue I'm just over thinking things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment