Monday 25 March 2013

KITTY WITH TITTY ANIMATION - THE MAKING

 Adobe Lightroom - playing around with editing features. Simon help link the camera to the computer so I could see my images clearly too.
 Each plastic wallet represented a scene or character.
The check list!
 The set up! Before the shizzle hit the storm.
All my collage pieces - don't let it fool you.... organised mess. Oh and A LOT of hours spent collating/photocopying/scanning/cutting/cropping for the right collage pieces.
TA-DAH. 6 hours in studio = 736 images. Now sorted into 16 folders (scenes) for easy editing (who am I kidding).

The most stressful day ever. Firstly who was I kidding thinking I'd film the whole thing in 3 hours. I was being optimistic. I did all my prep work surely it would go plain sailing. No. No. No. Both camera battery's dying mid way through, general camera 'things' which meant I had to do a lot of adjustments than just click and go..... and time. Thankfully my course mate booked the studio after me and he let me stay on to finish it because of all the settings (lighting etc) it made sense to finish it then and there. I managed to blag 2 and half hours. So thank-you thank-you thank-you Darul because I was using his time (he got all his work done too). Also massive thank-you to Simon because he spent a lot of time helping me with the set-up so the background/saturation, general photography side of things were 'good' and helping me a lot because I'm a general noob with technology. There was mid panic when transferring memory cards I thought my images were 'lost'. I was so close to  tears.  Anyway I've done it. I have my images now to edit them. I was following my animatic but a few things I did change whilst filming - to aid the narrative and also for design purposes. I'm listening to Philip Glass right now. Now to edit my film! Yes lack of sleep explains my scatty-ness. Student problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment