Tuesday 12 March 2013

HOPEFULLY THIS IS THE FINAL COMIC

3rd time lucky pleeeeeease.





I decided to make a mock up of my comic and once printed I found a few things that I've since corrected. This is hopefully the last version before I send it off to the printers. 

  • The front cover type was irking me a bit I was happy with the design overall after doing a few mock ups of potential covers  but it was the actual 'type' details that I wanted to make sure were 'right'. I  managed to get my publisher friend to give me some advice and he suggested just minor aligning of things and making sure things sit in line to look 'better'. I think the cover looks much more balanced overall now.
  • I've aligned all my panels higher now because they were sitting too low and looked as if they were falling down. Not good.
  • A few panels I've adjusted now I've seen them in print. Like moving the Kitty hearts second to last page because it showed too much of the chest. 
  • The 2013 on the back cover has also been moved to go along with the right hierarchy of text.
I should probably add the covers will be in a coloured stock and I'm thinking of using pink - which although stereotypical it translates what I'm intending = the girl friend issue. I'll be looking around for the right hue of pink. Light? Dark? Soft? Pastel.... SO MANY PINKS. 
A few of my peers across my course have also been having a look at my comic and the feedback is generally positive. And they get the story which is great or I'd be doing a bad job. I''m not quite sure why people are so surprised by the ending since the title is such a giveaway ha ha! And my class mate Ben might be doing a comic swap since were both doing comics. Fun fun fun! It's coming together... huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment