Monday 4 March 2013

POSTER - OWNERS PERSPECTIVE

Start developing my typographic poster idea. After my tutorial it was suggested I do a missing/lost Kitty poster with a more typographic element - losing the kind of 'stereotypical' lost pet theme I was going for. I did sketches of how I could work Kitty in the poster and came up with a few ideas that drifted slowly away from the just the head to full body image of her. I also think of small 'cat' details I could add into the poster such as a cat shaped bullet points/arrows.
I decided to go with this as I think the rigid box element works well and incorporates all the text I need and image of Kitty. I also have this fish bone arrow thing to go with the whole cat theme - oh I went there.
Some fonts I was looking at to build my poster up.
A rough version of how my poster would of looked like.

After my presentation my peers actually stated it would be better if I kept the poster more low key and 'authentic'. It didn't need the computer treatment. Which I agree. Entirely. And I think works better with the lost concept. It was suggested I should perhaps hand written content and even do a 'crude' sketch of kitty, have a photo of her and draw on tits as he'd had no way of taking a photo of her. I think this concept goes back to my original idea so I'm going to let the computer based element out the way for the moment. It needs to look authentic so maybe play around with photocopier and  perhaps actually posting these posters in public places and taking photos of them in situation and document it using photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment